Sytac is a privately owned development house employing over 100 senior engineers. Together we help clients in the aviation, banking and e-commerce sector such as ING, KLM, eBay, and many more!
We are looking to reinforce a growing email provider with a focus on privacy and security built their own webmail client and operate a growing email service with a back-end that consist of multiple services and an encrypted storage layer.
For this position, we are looking for remote Medior and Senior Python developers to join the highly skilled team. They need your help maintaining code, adding new functionality, simplifying the overall architecture and eventually integrating a more scalable storage backend.
- You will build new features or back-end APIs for new features for their email service.
- Working closely with designers, front-end engineers and our ops people.
- You will help prepare work with the product people, steering towards technically efficient solutions.
- You will increase the code quality by doing code reviews and the occasional pair programming session.
- You will protect our code from bit-rot by doing maintenance, upgrades and refactoring
- You are a Python expert with at least 3+ years of experience.
- You care about time-to-market and performance.
- You need to be somewhat self-sufficient because you will enter a complex environment (because email is surprisingly hard!)
- Residing in Spain
The tech stack consists of Python, Gunicorn, Redis, PostgreSQL, Docker, ZFS, NFS, LUKS, GPG and more.
And the following are nice-to-haves
. Experience with email servers and protocols; Postfix, IMAP, SMTP etc.
. A computer science or related education
Some of our perks:
- Incentive Trips – Skiing, Drifting, Rented beach clubs, you name it, we’ve been there.
- Monthly Nibbles and drinks – We never skip a month to take out our developers for great beer and food
- Private Slack environment - Have a complex problem? Did you run into a bug you just can’t figure out? Just ask your question in our Slack environment and get the answer immediately – after all 125 minds work better than 1.
- Covered travel expenses – Because time is money.
- Budgets: Tech, Training, Laptop and even Bike budgets.