sennder is digitalising Europe’s logistics. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join one of our our cross-functional engineering teams in the Barcelona office (flexible remote options in Spain).
We value humility and we’re as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
As a senior software engineer, you’ll work on designing and building core services, which are instrumental to sennder’s growth. You’ll have the opportunity to build greenfield services and products, influence the design choices of migrating monolith to microservices, and the flexibility to optimize existing code.
You’ll be collaborating closely with our cross-functional teams (6-10 ppl) to develop a solid microservice architecture. You’ll be recognized as an expert by the team, having the autonomy to deliver technically efficient and scalable solutions that have a direct business impact. Our DevOps culture empowers you to own the entire service lifecycle (end-to-end) including infrastructure, supported by our dedicated platform team.
Our current stack includes: Python, TypeScript (Vue.js), PostgreSQL, AWS, Kafka, Docker, K8S, Terraform, GitLab.
In this role you will
- Scale up our engineering organization, evolve our backend, DevOps, and engineering practices while supporting growth. We welcome your ideas.
- Join the migration of our Django monolith to modular architecture and microservices.
- Develop a robust microservice architecture. Currently, we are implementing service mesh, stable interfaces, metrics, and contracts for APIs.
- Take a lead role in architecture’s design.
- Lead mid-size projects from beginning to end.
- Improve engineering standards, and processes to constantly increase efficiency.
- Drive quality across the stack, following solid principles while providing detailed feedback to our colleagues.
- Collaborate with product managers to plan shippable features for launch.
- Ensure effective communication with other pods and stakeholders.
Preferably you have
- 5+ years of experience in building and operating web applications.
- Solid knowledge of interpreted languages (OOP) such as Python and/or Java, and hands-on experience with common frameworks like Fast API, Django REST, or similar.
- Practical experience with the concept of OOP and microservice architecture.
- API-first! You know how to build modern RESTAPIs, fully documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- We use mostly Postgres in our monolith and microservices.
- Keep growing your knowledge of different architectures, patterns, and programming paradigms.
- Practical skills with AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes, and modern CI/CD.
- Good communication skills in English language.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
What you can expect
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Flex remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application HERE in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.