sennder is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionizing this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitizing and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here.
Fresh from our Series D raise we are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager that can take ownership of some of our full-stack, cross-functional pods owning parts of the sennder platform. These teams will be focused on building and iterating critical internal platforms that will power the features built by the Shipper and Carrier teams. You will define and deliver our technology roadmap, foster innovation and allow our multi-disciplinary team to be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and the complexity of the logistics business. You also may have Engineering Managers as your direct reports and will work closely with Product and Engineering counterparts as your peers.
The role might based out of the new Barcelona office or Berlin HQ (flexible remote options).
We trust and support each other and encourage our engineers to connect together with regular knowledge-sharing sessions as well as being transparent and open with our company vision in regular tech all hands.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our engineering team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment while providing the technical vision and strategy to the teams and helping them execute. This role is reporting directly to one of our Engineer Directors, based in Barcelona.
In this role you will:
- Build, grow and guide the full stack engineering team that solves difficult problems in the logistics space
- Drive external and internal hiring as well as develop our engineering talent into new challenges and roles.
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed target state.
- Work closely with the Product and embrace lean and agile product development practices and data-driven decision-making.
- Continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues, and gaps in engineering processes.
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organization.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Translate product and business vision and strategy into your team and translate into an outward-looking technology strategy.
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance.
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organization by exceeding the expectations of customers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams;
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams;
Preferably you are:
- Confirmed engineering leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in understanding different frontend and/or backend architecture patterns like microservices, event-driven systems, micro frontends, etc.
- Adept at developing in one or more common programming languages such as Python, and/or golang .
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach to solving problems and passion about code quality
- Experience growing and or managing other managers, either directly or indirectly
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deal with change.
- Highly self-driven, professional personality with an aspiration to excel in your role
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understand when it is appropriate doing so.
- Fluency in English
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Technology is the backbone of our company, we’ve grown 360% during 2021 and with our recent Series D raise we will see greater scaling during the coming months.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
What you can expect
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up , where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application HERE in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.