Warning: This is not another job role, but an opportunity to change your life and make a positive impact for society.
At Geoskop, we are a Climate Intelligence boutique providing unique climate prediction insights to guide industry’s Climate Change adaptation processes. We are technologists and scientists developing new algorithms and software for our clients, focused on predicting the future impact of climate across the globe.
Our goal is to bring Climate Intelligence into our clients’ strategic processes, and you might be the one who can help us.
Geoskop is looking for a Postdoctoral research (Barcelona Spain, full-time) to strengthen its scientific and technical capabilities of Climate Intelligence, contributing to the generation of new climate prediction algorithms combining statistics and Artificial Intelligence and working in a number of projects for different industries.
Your duties will be:
- Explore new tools based on Artificial Intelligence that allow adding value to the industry by incorporating predictive climate/weather data
- Get directly involved in projects with the client
- Generate new prediction algorithms to extend the predictive capabilities of Geoskop
- Automate as much as possible these algorithms, their validation, quantification of uncertainty and preprocessing of input data
- Learn, use and improve Geoskop’s propietary algorithms for processing, predicting and validation
- Participate in publications and scientific-technical discussions of Geoskop and its stakeholders
What Geoskop is looking for:
- Postdoctoral research in physical sciences, climatology, applied mathematics or any related discipline
- Doctorate degree obtained from a Spanish university
- Experience in data modelling, data interpretation and transforming data into valuable information
- Python proficiency is a must (we are Numpy lovers), more specifically for scientific computing
- Experience using Tensorflow-Keras and Scikit Learn
- Experience in GIT
- (Desirable) Knowledge of Python “compilers” (e.g. Cython, Numba) and multiprocessing is welcome
- (Desirable) Knowledge of Bash and/or SLURM is welcome
- Advanced English level or higher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to set priorities and work to deadlines
- (Desirable) Scientific publications in the field of climatology or related are welcome
We offer a 2-years full time position (8hr., onsite work in Barcelona, Spain) with a competitive salary and annual bonus based on merits. Should you join us, you will work at the forefront of a scientific program raising awareness about the climate.
If you feel like this is your chance, please feel free to submit an online application, including your CV and or motivation letter, to be considered for working with us.