Orchest started out as an open source project with the goal of making technical complexities that data scientists have to deal with disappear. We have grown into a company to empower data teams across the world through better data science tools.
To continue our fast-paced growth, we are building a world-class fully-distributed engineering team. You’ll help us get there by owning our Orchest Cloud offering, Orchest core product, and ultimately playing a key role in the growth of Orchest.
The Orchest core product backend has a containerized micro services architecture based on Kubernetes and Python/Flask. Your main responsibility will be to add new exciting features (based on user-feedback) and improve our Kubernetes deployment. We’ll look to you to bring your skillset and experience to build within this environment and impact our codebase.
More specifically, in this role you will:
- Build and maintain scalable cloud infrastructure that runs Orchest
- Improve how the open source project can best be offered to the customers through a managed hosted version
- Shape and build the Orchest product, culture, and company
We often make product decisions based on customer feedback, so you’ll have the opportunity to build something that solves real customer needs. You’ll also weigh in on our product roadmap as an end-user yourself (we love dogfooding Orchest whenever we can!).
- 5+ years experience in professional software development, ideally some of which you’ve spent in startups
- Python expertise
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure like AWS or GCP
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to make technical decisions quickly
- Advanced GNU/Linux experience
- A getting-it-done mindset and interest to keep improving
- Being able to keep up with the pace, we work quickly!
- Experience with Heroku
- History of contributing to Open Source Software
- Data science familiarity (reasoning how changes will impact our end users).