Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 900 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a Tech Lead to join Fever with outstanding software development talent proven by great work results/experience. Somebody that cares about code quality and not just get things done, but get things done right.
- Lead engineering development for a product team.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held
- Plan and execute strategies to enable the architecture to support future requirements
- Contribute to improve team’s processes
- Mentor other experienced engineers
What would you do at Fever?
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. You will participate in plannings, refinement and retrospectives of the team, and you will have met the departments of Fever.
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack: frameworks used to develop our applications, CI/CD workflows and infrastructure that support our operations.
- You will have lots of Pull Requests merged and running in production.
- You will attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight.
After 3 months in Fever:
- You will be able to come up with solutions to new difficult problems, defining the solution from the architecture design to its implementation.
- You will continue creating production grade Python code designed to handle high levels of traffic, measuring the outcome of the functionalities and improving the product.
- You will participate in some of the hackdays or hackathons we organise with other teams, and you will mostly know everybody from engineering.
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You will have responsibilities over different parts of the systems, analysing the usage from the users and evolving the platform to meet the user’s needs.
- You will have participated in the launch of one of our new microservices, from 0 to production.
- You will mentor other team members through code reviews, sessions of architecture design and pair programming.
- You will participate in some of the team buildings we organise for your team or the whole engineering team.
- You will have led ambitious initiatives to bring our vision to reality
Must have skills:
- Strong knowledge on good practices, testing and design patterns.
- Knowledge of relational databases. Internals and data-intensive.
- Experience on distributed systems, network communication, scalability and resilience.
- You know how to deliver code from development to production.
- You embrace a culture of full ownership.
- You are proficient in business English.
- Understanding how to deliver the best engineering solutions.
- Know what makes phenomenal product experiences.
- Welcome and embrace change and the capability to adapt to new contexts quickly.
- Willingness to improve yourself and your team.
We use these technologies, so it would be a plus if you have experience in:
- Event communication between services
- Handling services with more than 1000 request/second.
- AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow.
- Salary range: 65k-80k
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone’s background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!