EBURY, A TECH COMPANY LEADING FINANCE
Ebury is a FinTech success story, a FIN success thanks to a brilliant TECH team.
Positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector. We apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes with a clear mission: helping small and medium-sized businesses to prosper and grow.
We make it easier for SMEs to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff, with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide.
Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
About our Technolgy team:
100% remote working, our engineers are currently spread mainly over Europe and South America. We use Slack and Google Meet to communicate regularly. We have our own co-working space in Málaga where teammates from around the world can get together and collaborate.
We have grown exponentially in the last 10 years. In 2013, the Tech team was composed of no more than three members and we worked in a small incubator in Málaga’s Science Park. Now we’re over 120 people, with further expansion planned and enjoying full-time remote work, which allows us to offer a better work-life balance for our employees.
As far as we can see, there are no limits to our development ! We consider ourselves small Spartans that are becoming leading professionals and we’re proud of this.
Are you ready to be an Eburian?
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer to join our enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative team, with the following background:
- You have extensive experience in developing complex software systems. We mainly work with Python/Django, but it is also ok if you are more comfortable with other languages.
- Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate clearly and concisely your ideas in English both written and spoken.
- We look for developers that can “build and run” services. Therefore, you will be comfortable with dockerising your code, defining standard REST end points, adding monitoring and alerting your services.
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the deployment of services and infrastructure. From time to time, you might need to contribute to it.
- You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
- Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access our core functionality:
- Salesforce.com for our front office staff,
- Online banking portal build with Vue.js and
- a Rest API for 3rd party integrations.
- Build and Run services in production. Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, ELK… you and your team will be responsible for achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
- Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale.
- All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
What we offer:
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles.
- Clear career progression framework and accompaniment, with regular reviews.
- Continued personal development through training and certification.
- Contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
- And of course, a competitive compensation package including salary, a discretionary bonus, free training, some flexible compensation benefits (insurance, tickets restaurant, nursery allowance) and a perfect balance between work&personal life.
Get ready to take your career to the next level
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org